Sportsmen for Fish & Wildlife and Sportsmen for Habitat, Inc. were organized to promote the
protection and enhancement of wildlife habitat, the quality of wildlife management programs, and protect America’s
family heritage of hunting and fishing.
Sportsmen for Fish & Wildlife Big Horn Basin Projects over the last 2 years:
- Donated $2000.00 to Forest Service - $800.00 towards crushed gravel for parking area in the North Fork at Clearwater, with the balance to help with other projects, public fishing access.
- Donated a Savage 270 Short Mag. Rifle & Scope to help young Cody resident Levi Haugen go on the hunt of a lifetime. Levi has been in a wheel chair most of his life.
- BHBC SFW donated $500.00 for the State SFW Stop Poaching Fund. This is a State SFW approved program.
- Donated $3,000.00 to the Meeteetse Gun Range for improvements.
- BHBC SFW gave $1,000.00 to Wyoming Game & Fish for their Bear Wise Community Project in Wapiti, WY.
- $15,000.00 was donated to Wyoming Game & Fish for their 3 year Elk Study Program that begins this September.
- BHBC SFW gave $1,000.00 to Cody Country Outfitters Annual Pack Horse Day. All money raised is used for scholarships in Powell, Cody & Meeteetse.
- BHBC SFW donated $750.00 to the 4-H Shooting Sports Program. Money was used to help pay for shotgun shells for kids who couldn't otherwise afford them.
- We also gave $1,000.00 to the 4-H Archery Program. The money was used to help with the cost of taking the 4-H Archers to National 4-H match in Rapid City, S.D.
- BHBC SFW along with Toby Griffith gave away free youth general deer licenses to any youth who joined as a member. This also included their names being put in a drawing at our annual banquet for a chance to win a free guided deer hunt.
- Donated $5,000.00 to join the State of Wyoming and the Wolf Coalition in the on going lawsuit to gain acceptance of Wyoming’sproposed wolf management plan.
- Donated $5,000.00 to Game & Fish to help with funding for their noxious weed control and eradication project at Yellowtail Habitat Area.